About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cucur Udang (Prawn Fritters)

In my excitement I woke up, looked at the window and it was still dark... darn... its not even 6am yet!! After fiddling with my phone, checked my emails I decided the only way time was gonna past faster is if i make breakfast... and so i did..

Today's breakfast is Cucur Udang or Prawn Fritters..

Recipe

10 prawns (de-shelled and chopped roughly)
1 onion (diced
1 potato (diced)
1/2 cup corn kernels (i used frozen corns)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 egg
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chicken powder or seasoning
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
1/4 cup hot water

oil for frying

Mix all the ingredients the the 1/4 cup of hot water last. Somehow i feel with that addition of hot water the texture of the fritters are softer than without it.

Let it stand for 5 minutes while heating a wok with 2 cups of oil. Once the oil is heated through, drop spoonfuls and let brown on one side and flip it to the other.


Serve with Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce....

No comments:

Pin It