About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Semur Daging aka Daging Masak Kicap


Today I'm in need of some comfort food... after having a very mediocre lunch yesterday and sleeping early because of my pounding headache.. I'm starving!



Recipe

5 Bombay onions
3 cloves garlic
2cm ginger
4cm length of lemongrass
10 stalks of dried chilli (soaked)

Blend the above ingredients and sauteed in oil until 'crispy'.

2 cinnamon sticks
4 cardamom
3 star anise

Add into the above mixture and sautee..

5 potatoes cut in wedges and deep fried. Set aside after turning golden.
1 tomato (diced)
2 carrots (chopped into 3cm lengths or as preferred)
1kg beef (I like mine thinly sliced)

3 tablespoon of Kicap Bango (or sweet soya sauce)
4 tablespoon of Kicap Masin (I used Habhal Kicap Masin/ soya sauce)
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon tamarind juice
500ml water

Add all the above to the sauteed mixture and simmer for 30 minutes until you get the consistency desired. Serve with steamed white rice... for me... its a slice of heaven...

No comments:

Pin It