About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Quick & Easy Cinnamon Roll

I was bored and it was raining heavily last week ... somehow rainy weather always make me feel peckish... and lately i've been going crazy over Mac D's Cinnamon Melts... wonder where Saint Cinnamon has gone to... I loved the Cream Cheese Version!



Anyway I decided to make make some.. very easy recipe.. nothing beats Saint Cinnamon of course but this will do just to ease the cravings..

3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
3 1/4 cups flour
1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1 egg

1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup butter, softened

Heat the milk & butter (i used the microwave)...in a mixing bowl, add 2 cups & 1/4 cup flour, yeast, salt, sugar, water, egg & the heated milk & butter mixture.. knead (i use a normal mixer attachement) until well blended for about 5 minutes. Mixture will still be sticky. Add in the balance 1 cup flour and knead (i change to a dough hook) and knead for another 5 minutes.

Let it rest for 10 min and then roll on a floured surface to about 5mm thin. Mix the cinnamon mixture and spread across the rolled dough.

Leave some cinnamon mixture for topping. Roll as tight as possible and cut into 1 inch rolls.

Grease the baking container (you can use baking tin but i prefer to use a square serving bowl) and arrange the rolls loosely apart as rolls will rise and expand.

Spread more cinnamon mixture over the top.

Let it rest for another 10 minutes before popping it in the over for 30 minutes on 180 degress oven..

Serve with cream cheese topping or as for me (because i had no other options that day) I made a simple sugar glaze.

No comments:

Pin It