About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, April 26, 2010

To ride or not to ride?

A lot of the things I've done in life is to replicate my peers.. I went to Crescent Girl's because it was my Aunt's Alma Mater.. I played hockey because another Aunt played and my own Mom was a goalie ... So I became a goalie... What have I done for myself that's truly for me? I honestly don't know... there's too much influence around me I guess..

Anyway, back to the main topic.. the reason I write this is because I've always yearned to ride into the sunset on a dusty road with a KTM Scrambler... Seeing ANY scrambler makes me reminisce my childhood when my Uncle would take me for rides on his Yellow scrambler... I SO badly want to take riding lessons now!! Even Faris is into bikes... The moment he hears a rumbling engine of a Harley, his eyes open wide and he excitedly goes "Mommy Mommy did you hear that? Did you see that??" and so he tells me he can't wait to grow up and learn to ride too...

There is this really cute Vespa that's always parked at the entrance and it's beckoning me feel it its smooth surface..to bask in its 'cuteness'. My Papa had a green Vespa when I was little and maybe that's another reason why I'm drawn to it. Maybe its also a more logical choice for me instead of menacing machine right??


But with Hubby not around to 'protect' me, he's made me promise that the only time I can live my dream of riding a bike is when Faris is big enough to ride so that I can chaperone him! Bleaarrgghh... and thats 10 years from now!!!

No comments:

Pin It