About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Kacang Pool (Foul Medames)


This is really simpler to make than it looks. Another family favourite for non-rice days.
You need to buy foul Medames in a tin & baked beans. Main part is done :-)

So the ratio is 2:1 so 1 tin of foul Medames + 1/2 tin baked beans strain and mashed. (That's enough for 4 people with extra servings) so if you cook 2 Tins of foul Medames & 1 tin of baked beans, you better make sure you have 8-10 people coming for dinner ! 

Blend 1 large onion, 3 cloves garlic & 1 thumb size ginger . Sautee in ghee or oil until fragrant. Add about 3 tablespoons curry powder. 

Then add about 1 cup of minced beef continue sautéeing until beef is cooked. Add the mashed beans and about 1 cup of water and simmer . If you like it runny, add more water. Season with salt, 1 tablespoon sugar. Set side 

The toppings are just fried eggs, chopped shallots, parsley, sliced chilli,  lime wedge and melted ghee to drizzle on top. Served with buttered toasted baguette

No comments:

Pin It