About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Kueh Dadar

Who doesn't love Malay kueh?? 
Living here I miss it even more .. Bahhhhhh 😭😭

Coconut filling:

30 gm sugar
100 gm gula melaka (chopped into small pieces)
60 gm water
2 pandan leaves - cut into small pieces
250 gm grated coconut

Melt both gula melaka, white sugar and water with pandan leaves. Add the grated coconut and fry on low heat until desired moistness...

In a blender, whisk all the ingredients below on high speed until combined. 

Coconut crepe 

1 egg
150ml coconut cream (I used Kara)
200ml warm water
120g flour 
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pandan paste + a wee drop
of green colouring 

Heat oil and ladle the batter onto the pan. Cook both sides and cool. Spoon cooked coconut filling and roll like a popiah

No comments:

Pin It