About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Lontong Goreng


The best way when you have excess lontong is to fry them up.. I don't really like lontong (because it's rarely nice at the shops) but I adore lontong goreng!

All you need is to blitz the following spices and sautee in oil until fragrant.


1 medium size onion
2 cloves garlic
3-4 tablespoons chilli paste
2 teaspoon dried shrimps (udang kering)

Add the minced beef and sautee until brown. Add seasonings.

2 tablespoons tomato ketchup 
2 tablespoons oyster sauce 
1 tablespoon sweet soya sauce (I used Habhal)
100g minced beef

Add the chopped lontong into the spice mix, stir until all the pieces are well coated and add the egg in. Continue to stir fry.

1 egg
1 lontong chopped into small pieces

Season with salt, add your parsley & fried shallot and mix well. Serve hot and top with more parsley & fried shallots.

A handful of chopped parsley 
1/4 cup Fried shallots 
Salt to taste


No comments:

Pin It