About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, June 27, 2014

Easy Poori


I've always procrastinated making this because the thought of failing scares me. Somehow this morning I got inspired and decided to try it out.

Mix all the ingredients to make a stiff dough. 

1 cup Atta flour (wholemeal flour)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon hot oil
 Roll the dough and slice into 8 equal parts.

Flour your board and roll out each ball. Not too thin or your poori will be thin & crispy instead.
Heat hot oil in a wok and slide each poori into the oil. 

Press down so that the dough is fully submerged in the oil and keep splashing oil over the top. This will help fluff up the dough.

Serve with masala potatoes, sliced onion & lime wedges ! 

No comments:

Pin It