About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Pulled Chicken Burger


My kids love pulled chicken burger! You know the same kind like Mesquite burger at Texas Chicken? Well that cost $5 each! With small amount of chicken! I'm cheap so I make these for the boys! Ha ha 

1 whole chicken quartered or you can use just breasts if you like. 

1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoon chilli powder 
1 teaspoon salt

Rub the spices onto the chicken and pan fry both side for 2-3 minutes to brown. Remove from pan.

2 large onions, sliced

Sautee the onions back into the same pan until softened.

1 cup chicken stock 

Add the chicken into the pan again with 1 cup of chicken stock. Simmer for about 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

Remove chicken from pan and shred it from the bones. Pour back the shredded chicken meat back into the pot.

1 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup Pasta Sauce

Add the sauces into the pot and simmer until sauce is thickened.

Season with salt and pepper.

Smother it on top of toasted buns with coleslaw ! Heaven!

No comments:

Pin It