About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sabor A Mi

I had quite an eventful week..Anyway, in the train yesterday morning scrolling through my ipod i found the song I've been looking for the last 6 years!! My wedding march-in song!! Being apart from Fai has made me more sensitive and wanting to reminisce everything! Fai wanted Journey's Faithfully but i felt it was inappropriate... until Roger came in with the CD of all the Spanish songs that we could use... and Sabor A Mi was perfect with our Spanish honeymoon! The song is about how two souls are drawn so close that they have taken on the essense or a trace of the "flavor" of each other... by Luis Miguel

Tanto tiempo disfrutamos de este amor
nuestras almas se acercaron tanto asi
que yo guardo tu sabor
pero tu llevas tambien
sabor a mi.

Si negaras mi presencia en tu vivir
bastaria con abrazarte y conversar
tanta vida yo te di
que por fuerza tienes ya
sabor a mi.

No pretendo ser tu dueno
no soy nada, yo no tengo vanidad
de mi vida doy lo bueno
soy tan pobre, que otra cosa puedo dar.

Pasaran mas de mil aƱos, muchos mas
yo no se si tenga amor la eternidad
pero alla, tal como aqui
en la boca llevaras
sabor a mi.

If I proof to you how much I love you with each kiss
Will you cross your heart and promise this
That its more than just a thrill
That you love and you will
Be True to Me

I will give you all my love dear here and now
If you only make this solemn vow
That you mean the things you say
Please be fair in every way
Be true to me

I’m so helpless when you touch me
Feeling feelings that I’ve never felt before
Oh my darling say you love me
If you love me I’ll be yours forever more

So I beg you to be gentle with my heart
Darling promise me we’ll never part
Through each night and through each day
Through the years that slip away
Be true to me

No comments:

Pin It