About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, March 04, 2016

Kuih Putri Salat / Seri Muka


This is Mr Hubs favourite dessert! And this super easy recipe is a keeper! Because I use a blender to mix it all !

First we soak the glutinous rice for at least an hour. And then just add the rest of the ingredients and steam for about 30 minutes until the rice has fully absorbed all liquid. Transfer onto a greased container (6x6). Level the rice. 

200g glutinous rice
200ml santan (50ml santan cream +150ml of water) 
A pinch of salt
A knot of pandan leaf
1 tablespoon oil

If you prefer a creamier rice base, feel
free to add in more coconut cream 

Top layer

2 eggs
130g sugar
1.5 tablespoon flour
1.5 tablespoon rice flour
A pinch of salt 
1 cup coconut cream
Pandan paste 
Green colouring (optional)

Blend the above and the simmer until just  slightly thickened with a knot of pandan leaf. Remove the leaf and pour the mixture onto the rice. Steam for
30 minutes or until the top is firm.
Cool and chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving. 

7 comments:

Ade said...

Thanks for sharing!

Ade said...

Thanks for sharing!

Narny said...

No prob!! Good luck!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hello. There are no Pandan leaves or paste where I come from. Can I substitute with something else? Thanks.

HELLO! said...

Hi! How much pandan paste do we need? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi there my family loves it. Thanks for sharing🥰

Pin It