About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Kentang Ball - Potato Ball Soup ala Haig Road



Trying to plan what works for Iftar here when I'm used to scouring the bazaars in Singapore :-) so today I play masak-masak ... Breakfast / brunch was French toast platter, appetizer was Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Nuoc Cham and lunch was kentang balls ala Haig Road ... The soup needs to be really peppery! Syiok!!

My portions was perfect for the 4 of us.

4 large potatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces, fried and mashed
I season it with salt, pepper and chicken. stock powder. Divide by 4 portions and set aside 

Beef filling
200g of minced beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
Salt / Pepper

Sauté the garlic & onions until softened. Add the minced beef, stir fry and season with salt & pepper 

Soup
1 medium size onion
2 clove garlic 

1 tomato (blended) 
1 carrot, chopped
100g of minced beef 
1 tomato, chopped 
Beef stock powder
Water (about 1.5litres)
Salt, sugar, and lots of pepper (according to taste)

Blend the onion & garlic and saute until fragrant. Add the blended tomato pulp. Stir fry for a bit. Add water and the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about half hour until the soup is fully flavored 

Assembling the ball:-

Place a palmful of mashed potatoes on your palm and scoop some minced beef filling. Close it up with the balance potato. Dip in egg and fry until golden.

Pour hot soup over your potato balls and garnish with sliced cucumber, fried shallots and chopped parsley. And then add more pepper to the hot soup!

3 comments:

Scot Martin said...

The principle effectiveness of a residential look that can assist you always keep, ready yourself as well as cause portions diet regime as well as in order to perform like undertakings as with dishwashing.orbit faucet timer troubleshooting

lisal said...

This is a really cool post. I love this kitchen. It is completely the style that would fit me.whirlpool washer door locked light flashing

Scot Martin said...

This is a really cool post. I love this kitchen. It is completely the style that would fit me.orbit faucet timer troubleshooting

Pin It