About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sugee Cookies / Cashew Sugee Cookies

I´ve never understood why some people makes sugee biscuits or cookies without the semolina? Why call it sugee cookies then... weird.. anyway here´s mine.. i like it crisp but the almond sugee is more melt in the mouth kind..



Sugee Cookies

225g flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup dry roasted semolina
1 tablespoon bicarbonate soda

and then lastly add in 120g ghee. Mix throughly and let the mixture rest for half an hour before shaping it into balls and baking it at 160 degrees for 20 minutes.


Cashew Sugee

100g ground cashews
125g flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup semolina
1 tablespoon bicarbonate soda
120g ghee

Same method as above and you can replace the cashews with ground almonds or whatever nut you desire.

No comments:

Pin It