About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, August 07, 2015

Banana Nutella Brownies - using the 3 ingredient method


You know the craze with the 3 ingredient brownies??  Well I've tried a few and it's great but for this recipe, I tweaked it because I like a good balance of sweet & salty.. Plus I love the combination of bananas & chocolate !! 

You need a large bowl (no mixer required)
And a mixing spoon or spatula. Add all the ingredients and voila.. It's ready to be baked!

1 1/2 cups Nutella 
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
A pinch of salt 
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar (optional - original version doesn't use sugar but i like it a tad sweeter)
1 banana chopped

Mix all the ingredients and add the banana last and gently fold it in. I like the taste of banana chunks instead of mashed ones. 

Place in a buttered tin 7x7 or 8x8 if you like a thinner brownies .. (greaseproof paper not required) and bake for 20 minutes on 175 degrees.

The brownies are yummy straight from the oven (no waiting time required)! 

One trick though is to use a plastic disposable knife to cut through it rather than a normal knife.. It cuts like butter! Smooth  and no mess!

No comments:

Pin It