About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Martabak Crackers




Martabak crackers is a criss between lasagna and Martabak with layers of meat and egg in between. Lovely for breakfast or teatime.



Meat filling
2 onions, chopped
2 tablespoon garlic & ginger paste
Minced beef 200g
1/2 carrot, chopped
1/2 tsp black pepper
Curry powder 1-2 tablespoon
Cilantro, chopped
Salt to taste

Sautéed the paste & onions. Once softened add meat, carrots, curry powder and season accordingly. Set aside




Prepare a cake tin (6x6) - lined with alluminium foil
Cream crackers (1 pack 225g) - I used about 21 crackers
3 eggs (1 egg for each layer)
Sauce - coconut milk / milk mixture
(200ml coconut milk & 150ml evaporated milk)




First layer.. spray the foil with cooking oil first. Then soak the crackers in the sauce and line the tin.




Pour half the meat on top of the crackers




Pour 1 whisked egg and 1/3 of the sauce




This is how it would look like and then do a second layer of crackers, meat, egg and sauce.




Final layer is just crackers, egg, sauce and I grated cheese and sprinkled parsley and fried shallots on top

Bake for 45 min at 180 degrees. Serve with Chilli sauce or if you like some dhal or curry.




1 comment:

Ade said...

TQVM.

Pin It