About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Nutella Babka


Dough:
1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon instant dry yeast
1 large egg
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt

Add yeast, sugar & water into your mixing bowl. Once the yeast is frothy, add the rest of the ingredients. Using a dough hook, knead for 5 min. Cover the dough rest until doubled for an hour.


Filling:
1/2 cup Nutella
1/3 cup chocolate chips or chunks


Roll into a rectangle. Spread nutella & sprinkle chocolate chips. Roll and cut across lengthwise. Braid the loaf. Place in a loaf pan and rest until doubled again and bake for 30 min on 180degrees oven. Brush sugar syrup over the babka

Sugar Syrup:
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons sugar

No comments:

Pin It