About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Brazil Nut Shortbread



1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup cornstarch
a pinch salt
1-3/4 cups (425 mL) flour
1 cup coarsely chopped Brazil nuts

Cream the butter, sugar until light & fluffy... add vanilla, salt and flour. Lastly add in the chopped nuts. Spread dough in a pie pan lined with parchment paper, poke with fork and then freeze for at least an hour. Once the dough has harden, bake on 140 degrees for 40 min or until the base is browned... remove from oven and cut into desired shapes before cooling.

No comments:

Pin It