About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Talam Berlauk


Craved for a simple but traditional breakfast since Papa is buying Ayam Penyet for lunch.... Faris wanted pancakes but i wanted something savoury.... therefore the Talam Berlauk thing came to mind..


Simply sautee about 200g minced beef or lamb with chopped shallot, add a teaspoon curry powder, pepper & salt to taste.

In a measuring jug (this is for simplicity), mix 150g flour, 250ml water, 150ml coconut cream (I use Kara or Ayam brand Coconut cream), 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp salt and a drop of yellow colouring.

Heat the oven to 180 degrees, oil the tartlet shells, pour the batter to 3/4, put a dollop of meat, parsley, fried shallots and sliced chilli... bake for 15-20 minutes....


Faris with his no chilli version

1 comment:

SuperMas said...

yummy sekali

Pin It