About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Kuih Bakar



Craving something sweet for teatime today and decided to make Kueh Bakar sans the sesame seeds or colourings so its au natural today.. (actually I ran out of colourings!)

I ´dump´ all the ingredients into my blender for a smooth batter.. plus its easier to clean up since i can use the blender to pour directly onto the moulds! I hate clean-ups! tsk tsk tsk



Ingredients are :-

1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup pandan juice (1/2 cup of water + 2 pandan leaves)
1 1/8 cup santan
2 eggs
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tsp pandan paste (i used kaya pandan essence)
few drops of green colouring (optional)
sesame seeds (optional)

Recipe will yield 36 small kuehs using the mould or 2 large moulds. Pour the blended ingredients into the greased mould and bake for 20 minutes on 200 degrees oven or until golden brown.

No comments:

Pin It