About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Talam Pisang - My version

I wanted nagasari but since i bought kelapa parut yesterday i thought belebat pisang would be better... then i couldn´t find daun pisang pulak kat Sheng Siong!! So to combine the two i decided on talam pisang...

For the base,

1 sisir pisang (approx. 7-8 medium size bananas) - mashed
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 egg

Mix all the ingredients until well mixed. Grease a 8 inch tin and pop it in the steamer for 15 minutes.

Topping

1 1/2 cups santan
1 dessertspoon sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup rice flour

I pop all the above ingredients in the blender instead of mixing it since blending will give a smooth and aerated topping.. almost foamy! I like!!! Pour on top of the 1st layer and continue steaming for another 15 min. Baically you should wait to cut but i couldn´t wait... :-))

No comments:

Pin It