About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Banana Bread



Had some leftover bananas so Banana Bread it is then!! Simple and yummy!

whisk the eggs and sugar for about 5 minutes on high speed until really foamy.

2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar

Sift the dry ingredients and set aside

1 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup oil
5 large bananas
1/4 cup cream
1tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)

Once the egg mixture is frothy, drizzle the oil in bit by bit while whisking. Add the mashed riped bananas, vanilla & cream. Mix it well and fold in the dry ingredients. Lined the loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes at 180 degress until skewer comes out clean.

No comments:

Pin It