About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Corn Bread

I love corn breads.. not the Kenny Roger´s kind (sorry Min!!) but the real hearty cornmeal filled kind... slather it with butter with a cup of hot tea... thats a slice of heaven right there!!

150g butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 2/3 cups milk
2 1/3 cups flour
1 cup cornmeal
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Mix all the dry ingredients and set aside. Whisk eggs & milk in a bowl.
Cream butter & sugar until light and creamy and add a bit of the dry ingredients followed by the wet mixture bit by bit until all well combined. Grease a rectangular or round cake tin and pour mixture in bake in 180 degrees for 25-30min untill golden. Serve warm... yuuummms!

No comments:

Pin It