About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Almond Croissant or Croissants Aux Amandes


I absolutely loveeeeeeee Almond Croissants but it can be painful for pay $3.80 each at Gontran Cherrier or $4.20 at Mayson Kaiser for a croissant that they can´t sell! So I decided, just make it and I can eat Almond Croissants all day for a fraction of the cost! Its super simple too!

Use day old croissants so I usually buy it a day ahead. Fresh croissants are soft so its not ideal.

Some recipes call for soaking the croissants in sugar syrup but I tried that and totally hate it because its too sweet ! Dislike!

So all you do is slice the croissants in half like how you would make a sandwich, set the oven to 180 degrees and make the filling

Filling Recipe:-

1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup ground almonds
a pinch of salt
100g butter (softened)
2 eggs


Mix everything in until creamy and lastly add the eggs 1 by 1. Spread about 2 tablespoons in between the croissants. Cover and spread about 1 tablespoons over the croissants and sprinkle sliced almonds. Bake for 15-18 minutes until croissants are golden and firm. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy!!!


No comments:

Pin It