About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cheesy Mediterranean Muffins



Craving for these again... Give me a savoury muffins anyday than a sweet one...pheewww thank goodness I have all the ingredients in the pantry!

In a bowl, add the following ingredients :-

1.5 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper or chilli powder
1 cup cheese of your choice (I love a combination of red & white cheddar)

In a jug, melt 80g butter. Add 2/3 cups milk and stir in 2 eggs. Set aside.

Items to be sauteed - 

1 medium size onion (chopped)
Beef / turkey bacon or i love using chilli beef frankfurters chopped into small chunks
Sundried tomatoes (I use pomodoro) chopped into small pieces as well
Black kalamata olives sliced

Sautee the onions with some olive oil until soft and all the meat and sundried tomatoes and just toss in the sliced olives.

Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and just quickly mix it well with the sauteed items. Spoon into muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes on 180 degrees. I like to top my muffins with extra olives and tomatoes! I love the salty taste!! As you can see i only added 1/4 tsp of salt only because sundried tomatoes gets saltier upon baking and the cheese is salty as well.. so don´t go overboard! Mom likes her muffins spicy so I usually sprinkle some more arrabiata spice mix on top or you can just sprinkle chili flakes !

No comments:

Pin It