About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Soufflé Pancakes with Pear and Plum Compote

Bored with your usual pancakes and waffles? Try making this Really Easy but stunning looking breakfast!

Pear and Golden Plum Compote

4 pears skinned and sliced into wedges
3 golden plum skinned and sliced into wedges
1 raspberry tea bag (I used Ahmad Tea)
2 cups water
1 cup sugar
1 small cinnamon stick

Simmer all the above until all the fruits are tender and the liquid turns into a nice syrup.

You can make the compote way ahead or substitute the plums with apples or any fruit of your choice.

Soufflé Batter

5 medium eggs
3 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tsp orange zest

1 cup flour

Pour all the about ingredients except the flour in a blender until well mixed. Pour the flour in and blend until smooth and no lumps appear.

I heated 2 (6 inches) cake tins with about 2 tablespoon of melted butter in the oven. Once butter is hot and bubbly, pour equal amounts of batter into the tins and bake for 20 minutes on 190 degrees until soufflé has nicely risen .

Serve with compote, dust with icing sugar and whipped cream.















No comments:

Pin It