About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, March 07, 2016

Dorayaki

Who love these Japanese treat?? Weird enough Indonesians DO NOT have many desserts with red bean paste. Only green beans like bakpiah and Es Kacang Ijo. Looked for dried red beans over in Grandlucky and nothing labelled kacang merah but Kacang Es instead !????!

So made the paste by soaking the beans overnight and slow cooking it. Once softened, I popped it in the blender and cook it over slow fire with pandan leaf, and sugar until thickened.

For the Dorayaki batter it's also the lazy method for me. The blender method.

2 eggs
80g sugar
1 tbsp honey 


First blend the eggs and sugar & honey until light and foamy. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.

130g all purpose flour
70ml water 
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda

Set aside for the batter to rest for 30 minutes. If the batter has thickened after resting add another 1-2 tablespoon of water and blend again. 

Use a non stick pan and use a ladle to get equal size pancakes. The tip
To get a nice even crust is to NOT use any oil while cooking the pancakes. Once brown, flip over and cook the other side.

Let the pancakes cool before adding the filling. And then sandwich them

My favourite filling is red bean mixed with whipped cream. The texture is light and creamy. You can also fill them up with cream cheese, Nutella, chocolate spread. Each batter makes 16 pancakes / 8 Dorayaki.

2 comments:

Ade said...

Thanks for the simple n easy recipe.

Ade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Pin It