About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Roti Canai

After many many years of procrastinating finally i decided to try The most dreaded recipe ever .. Roti Canai .. I hate to fail.. Not because I cannot accept failure but because I don't like to waste ingredients! Ha ha 
Just mix all the ingredients in a mixer with the dough hook and knead for about 10min. Cover & rest the dough for 1 hour and portion into small balls


500g flour 
250ml iced water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon powdered milk
1 egg 
1/2 tablespoon Horlicks
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon margarine / butter

I managed to get about 12 balls 
Slather lots of butter or margarine over each ball , cover and rest for 4 hours minimum. 6 to 8 hours is the most ideal.
Now time to stretch the dough. I tried the flip style but my wrist got twisted so I figured just be conservative and stretch and pull on my marble slap with lots of oil
After stretching you can fill it up with egg or fold it up plain. 
Fry until golden .. Serve with dhal & Sambal 


No comments:

Pin It