About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Cravings

Today is like my super-cravings day! Maybe the 2 night of non eating created this carnivore instinct in me.. or more like the glutton in me!!

I was craving for chincalok of all things!! Stir-fry it with oyster sauce kailan... or add sambal belacan.. ooohhh

Since my dad was going to JB, i requested for Tapai (fermented tapioca), Satay Kicap (which is only available at the top level of Larkin), Goreng Pisang with Sambal Kicap! Sounds pregnant don't I?? Nope definitely not! Just after that time of the month...Anyway when he came back, i was a tad disappointed.. no goreng pisang stall opened so my dear mom went to the bazaar near Causeway Point to get some local one.. i dunno why but Singaporeans just dunno how to goreng their pisang lah!! The closest i came to a Malaysian one was my neighbour's.. Cik Ju got the recipe from someone in Terengganu or something and man it was mad scramble to see who got the most pisang between me, Faris & Mama! Must remember to ask her for recipe ! So if my dear neighbours who happen to read this, please ask your mom for the recipe to share can??

2 comments:

Jussaemon said...

Actually i prefer the bazaar's goreng pisang than my mum's! Cos the former's got a lot of kerak and my mum cant get the flour to stick to the banana lah.

Anyways... im sure she'll say "alah masuk ini itu begini dan begitu" if i ask for recipe? but i shall try.

narny said...

alah the bazaar one got kerak but not nice.... i want your moms! lol

Pin It