About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Nagasari Jagung



With Ramadhan impending, I've been craving for lots of sweet stuff... maybe my body thinks its going into hibernation and wants to stock up on sugar for energy! *rolls eyes*

Wanted to make belebat pisang but the Pisang Mas was all green and unriped so settled for Nagasari Pisang instead..

Nagasari Pisang Recipe

450 water
175g sugar
1 pandan leaf

Boil the above until the sugar dissolves.

1 packet Hoon Kueh flour (120g)
200 ml water

In another pot (get a big pot for easy stirring), mix the flour & water in a pot and gently simmer. Add the sugar water.

250ml thick coconut cream
1/2 tsp salt
1 can corn kernel (water drained)

Now add the coconut and salt into the simmering mixture and whisk until it reaches boiling point (5 minutes). Finally add the corn and stir for another 1 min.


Some people prefer to use small containers for this or a plastic sheet but i like to go with the original... Banana leaves.. Cut the leaves into desired length and just heat it over open fire (panggang). This makes the leaves more pliable. Pour about 2 tablespoon of mixture and wrap. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Serve

No comments:

Pin It