About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Pepes Jamur



I'm sure everyone have tasted Pepes Ikan right... if you love mushrooms then try this instead.

Pepes Jamur Recipe

1 packet of fresh mushrooms (whatever thats available around 500g) quartered or sliced.
3 tomatoes chopped
4 Bay leaves shredded
5 shallot sliced
3 garlic sliced
5 chilli padi sliced thinly
1 tablespoon gula jawa or palm sugar
1.5 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chicken seasoning
2 stalks of spring onion sliced
2 tablespoon oil
Banana leaves for wrapping

Mix the above ingredients and stir until seasoning is well mixed into the mushrooms. Wrap in banana leave and steam for 20 minutes. Serve as an accompaniement to a main dish with salted fish......



No comments:

Pin It