About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Cheese Tarts



This is so simple and yet it will appease all cheese lovers..

Tart Casings

125g butter
60g sugar
250g flour
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cold water

Cheese Filling
250g cream cheese
20g butter
60g sugar
1 egg

For the tart shells, simply do a rub-in method. Chill in the fridge for an hour for easy handling and blind bake for about 10 minutes in180 degree oven. Once cooled, pour the cheese mixture up to 3/4 and bake for 10-15 minutes until set.
My mom likes plain tarts but my kids love the flavoured ones.. for the chocolate variety, take some cheese mixture & add cocoa powder. Dollop some at the base and pour the cheese mixture and decorate the top (see picture).
For the blueberry & strawberry ones, use preserves or jams for the same effect.

No comments:

Pin It