About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Corn Custard - Puding Kastad Jagung




Growing up I loved it when my Mama made these! Okay granted there were not so many desserts back then but I just loved it!

1 cup custard powder (I use Bird's)
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup creamed corn (it was almost the whole tin so i dumped everything in)
3 cups water
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup fresh milk
A pinch of salt

Mix everything throughly then cook it on the stove on low fire stirring constantly until it bubbles and looks shiny... Pour onto individual pudding moulds or a 6 X 6 container and chill for about 2 hours, slice and serve....

No comments:

Pin It