About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Almond Muhallebi


Craving for something sweet but something middle eastern... i only 1 piece of the Baklava Roll the other day and I´m craving for more... hmmm .. what do I have in the pantry that i can turn into something from middle east??.. lots of pistachio, raisins, milk etc but no filo pastry.... hmmmmm... rice pudding... saw some ground almonds earlier... almond muhallebi it is then!

In a pot, simmer 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 cup evaporated milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp almond essense, 1/4 cup raisins & 1/4 cup chopped pistachios.

In a bowl, mix 3/4 cup blanched ground almonds with 1 cup milk. Set aside.

Once the milk mixture starts to bubble lightly, add the above mixture.

In another bowl mix 2 tablespoon rice flour, 2 tablespoon corn flour with 1 cup milk and add to the pot. Continuously stir the mixture until thicken.



Spoon into bowls or cups and sprinkle more raisins with chopped pistachios. Chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours. Best served cold.

No comments:

Pin It