About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Klappertaart


I love anything coconut!!! My Faris has acquired my tastebuds and would glare at me if he sees a coconut that I didn´t buy! Today´s recipe is one of our favourite coconut dessert.. a Manado coconut pudding called Klappertaart

First and foremost, scrap the flesh of 2 large coconuts and soaks it in the coconut water. (I like to slice the thicker flesh thinly so that it blends well in the pudding)

Soak 1/4 cup of raisins in coconut water or for the alcoholic version in Rum...

Heat 100ml evaporated milk, 50 ml coconut water, 50ml water, 110gram sugar and 1 cinnamon stick until boiling. Set aside to cool slightly and discard cinnamon stick.

In another bowl, mix 50 gram flour with 50ml water, 50ml coconut water, 80grams egg yolk (app 3 yolks) and 60grams egg white. Once throughly mixed, add the milk mixture bit by bit while vigorously stirring. Heat over low fire until the mixture thickens. Add the prepared coconut flesh only.

Fill up to 3/4 of your ramekins or any baking dish of your choice. Bake for 15 minutes on 180 degrees oven.

While the pudding is in the oven, whisk 100g of egg white with 1 tablespoon sugar until stif peaks.


Remove pudding from oven after 15 minutes and top with meringue, raisins and cinnamon powder. Bake for another 10 minutes. Set to cool & serve


No comments:

Pin It