About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Jemput-Jemput Pisang / Cekodok Pisang / Cucur Pisang

So many names for this one.. Jemput-jemput, cekodok or cucur but bottom line is, it's a favourite for afternoon tea time with a cup of hot tea-o! 

It's funny how some stalls sell their jemput2 pisang and it taste of all flour and no pisang?? Well I hate that! I love the soft kind with lots of soft mashed bananas oozing out.

Made many batches and I found the evil ingredient that caused the jemput2 to be hard! Water!!! So no water required!!

Mash about 5 bananas
1 egg
3 tablespoons of sugar (approx)
A pinch of salt
1 tsp bicarbonate soda 
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup flour (approx)

What's with the approximate you ask???? That's because firstly the sweetness of each bananas varies and you have to add the flour bit by bit until you get the texture you want. For me, I like the batter quite liquified so that it glides off the spoon into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and indulge!

The bicarbonate soda makes the fritters light and "holey" and the taste of banana are more pronounced. Boomz!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you for this recipe! I had a lot of fun making it with my sister. I have forgotten how my mother makes it, according to my paternal grandmother's recipe. As I remember it, grandmother's cekodok were more 'banana-y' than this recipe's. I found that even with 1 cup of flour, the batter was quite runny. I did not want to add any more flour. Quite a predicament! I'll continue making more cekodok pisang in the future. ^_^

narny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
narny said...

Sorry if the recipe wasn't like your granny's.. It was trial and error and I liked my cekodok soft rather than cake-like. Hope you finally find a similar recipe soon

Pin It