About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, October 04, 2013

Shrimp Po'Boys


po' boy (po-boypo boy, or poor boy) is a traditional submarine sandwich from Louisiana. It almost always consists of meat, usually roast beef, or fried seafood. The meat is served on baguette-like New Orleans French bread, known for its crisp crust and fluffy center.
Basically you need about 15 shrimps / prawns, deshelled and deveined 

Season with salt, Cajun spices, garlic powder, black pepper. Set aside.

You need 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup cornmeal and seasoned with paprika, salt and garlic powder (1/2 tsp each)

1 egg beaten

Dip the shrimps in the flour, egg and back in the flour and deep fry until golden.

For the spicy mayo, just mix the ingredients well. If you like spicy, add more hot sauce.

1/2 cup mayonnaise 
1 tablespoon hot sauce / Tabasco 
1 tsp garlic powder

While waiting for the shrimps to fry, slice the baguette and slather both side of the baguette with spicy mayo. Then place some sliced tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and your fried shrimps. Drizzle with more sauce. 


No comments:

Pin It