About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Yati & Fad's Wedding

16th February
The big day arrived.. finally i scrambled to make the cake base 3 days before and scoured for a good fondant recipe... I know I'm last minute but inspiration strikes late!
Me & Choo bought her a white gold studs from Citigems and when we arrive for the solemnization she was sitting demurely!!! She looked so sweet! Wearing the white kebaya that she made from Lord'ess...we left after seeing Fad arrived downstairs all decked in sunglasses... I rushed home to bake... 4 hours later my cupcakes are ready..

17th February
Choo came while i was loading the stuff to the car ...all decked in her Baju Kedah! I was excited cuz I basically had an idea on what i was going to do but the ultimate conclusion will be at the wedding itself... Wedding cakes are no biggie for a Malay wedding but somewhat adds that final touch.. The food was great.. Yati wasn't fully ready when we got there so we waited downstairs while we got the cake ready.. I was glad Choo decided to become my Assistant! ahahahha
Thankfully the cake turned out beautiful... a lot of makciks & pakciks came over and was asking questions while i set up... wanted to leave a namecard to show that I AM NOT FROM THE TUKANG MASAK GENG!!!! Just a colleague doing her part....
When she finally came down she looked so lovely... in a very fetching Violety / Magenta get up...

After the wedding me & Choo decided to head over to Tampines Mall for a cuppa and Ice cream at Haagen Daaz... she gave me a treat for the petrol I used to send her! Utter rubbish!!












No comments:

Pin It