About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, July 18, 2008

Spontaneous Visit

On thursday I just had this huge empty feeling of missing Fai.. I dunno why!!! To think we've been talking on the phone every single day, texting.. and worse considering he just flew off last Sunday I dunno why I was feeling that way!

I decided to do the unthinkable!!I message my mom saying I needed to fly off to Jakarta and to please understand and take care of the boys, texted my 2 bosses saying I need to take urgent half day & full day leave on Friday...

I checked and the earliest flight available was Qatar at 2.50pm... time check was already 12.30pm.... I took a cab straight to the airport! Luckily I had someone to cover me at work and Mama is ok with it.. it was also a weekday there were seats available but the damage? $417!! To think when I fly with Lufthansa it usually cost me less than $300...and this time its only for 1 day!!!

It felt so euphoric!!! Leaving with just the same clothes I wore to work and nothing else. Thank godness I had my passport with me all the time ever since I lost my wallet!

Before I flew off, I call Fai and he didn't even sound surprised that I was flying over... he just joked "Nak spot check ke??" hehhehhe... I just told him I missed him...

I took a cab from the airport to Plaza Semanggi to get a pair of flat sandals since I had only work shoes and buy a dress for coming home since I can't possibly wear the same shirt and pants back!!...Fai was still not done with his appointments so I went to do some Mani & Pedi at La Diva for only Rph 85000!! So cheap!

The girl was so slow!! By then he decided to go back to the apartment, do his prayers, change and then fetch me for dinner.. since he changed, I decided I should change too!! So I changed into my dress right there in Semanggi's toilet! hahahaha

We went for a nice Spanish dinner at Moya and listened to a Jazz band .. it was so romantic!! They were playing 'My Funny Valentine' and we ordered Tapas & Seafood Paella which reminded us of our 1-month-long honeymoon.. 7 years ago! We made a pact to go back to Spain again some day with the kids...

He had to work on Friday (obviously couldn't change his appointments for me!) and I was so lazy I didn't even leave the apartment! To think I had planned to get my hair washed and get a 'cream bath' done at the Salon and do a little shopping while waiting for him to finish work. In the end I ended watching the entire first season of New Amsterdam, My Mother's New Boyfriend (starring Meg Ryan & Antonio Banderas) and Cleaner (Samuel L Jackson & Eva Mendes) from 730am to 430pm until he got home! Thats what I call a couch potato!!!!

So we did nothing but laze around and talk since my flight is not until WIB 11.35pm.... its so different talking to each other when the kids are around.. we get distracted and can't fully lavish our attention towards one another. This time its just us having a heart to heart talk... reminding ourselves how in love we were and why we got married in the first place..

I think its so important in every marriage not to 'let-go' and allow the marriage to become monotonous and routined... every marriage needs effort... I'm so glad i followed my heart and did mine.. This short spontaneous visit made us realize we should treasure our relationship more than ever..

No comments:

Pin It