About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mee Siam Goreng

All I could think of after waking up was how nice if I could have Mee Siam Goreng for breakfast but the coffeeshop menu is limited to lontong, mee rebus, mee siam, mee soto & nasi lemak... bleeaarrghhh

So I ran to NTUC, picked up some items and made my own...





Recipe

1 packet of Vermicelli Noodles ( I use Chilli Brand)
soak it in warm water until pliable

4 tablespoon Taucho (mashed)
2 tsp salt
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
chives
1/2kg prawns (deshelled & deveined)
taupok (thinly sliced)
100g taugeh
2 eggs (make into thin omelette & shred for garnish)

Blended items

2 large bombay onions or 4 medium size ones
4 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons dried shrimp (soaked)
10 stalks dried chilli (soaked)
2cm shrimp paste

Blend the above ingredients and stir fry in hot oil until fragrant and 'crispy'. Add the taucho, salt, sugar, tomato ketchup. Add prawns and mix well. Pour in noodles and mix the chilli paste well. Add in chives, taugeh & taupok. I usually fry the noodles for about 5-10 minutes on low fire until the noodles are soft & soaked through. Garnish with egg and serve with a side of sambal.

No comments:

Pin It