About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Shepherd´s Pie



This is a family favourite... simple meal especially with leftover mash...

Mash Potatoes

5 potatoes boiled and mashed
1 cup milk
2 tablespoon butter
1 tsp salt
a dash of pepper
a dash of dried parsley

Mince Base

Sauteed 1 chopped onion, carrot & 3 cloves garlic in olive oil
Add in,
500g minced beef or lamb... once browned add the following
1/2 tin of Prego Traditional Pasta Sauce
1 tbsp HP Sauce
1 tsp beef granules } or substitute with beef broth if you have it
1 cup water}
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried parsley
salt & pepper to taste

Once the mince base is cooked and has come together, add 2 tablespoon flour to thicken the mix.
Pour over ramekin or caserole with half level meat and top with mash . Sprinkle with lots of parmesan... Bake at 180 degrees for 25 to 30 min until the top is golden brown....

No comments:

Pin It