About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Steamed Cake (Apam Kukus)



Craved for this since last week! Its fun to make too...

Blend the following ingredients and set aside to ferment for 2 to 3 hours.

1 cup rice
2 cups rice flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup water
2 tsp instant dried yeast



This was after 2 hours... add 1 sachet of ENO original flavour (it stops the fermentation process) and divide into bowls of prefered colours.



Fill to 3/4 of a chinese teacup and steam for 15 minutes



Once slighty cooled, remove from teacup and served with steamed coconut with salt

No comments:

Pin It