About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Kek Gula Hangus (Honey Combed Cake)

Before I lose the recipe again!

1 cup sugar (Caramalized till dark brown). Add in
1 cup of boiling water
2 tablespoons of butter

(let mixture cool)

In a separate bowl:

Whisk 4 eggs until frothy, add in
1 cup of condensed milk

Mix COOLED caramel mixture into the egg mixture and add
1 cup flour
3 teaspons bicarbonate of soda

Let it sit for 3-4 hours, and bake for 45mins-1hr @ 160-180 degree celcius or so





No comments:

Pin It