About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

I saw a recipe on Woman´s Day about making your own vanilla ice cream.. thank goodness for my instinct, i reduced the amount of condensed milk! Else I´ll have a toothache today!

This is the original link:

http://www.womansday.com/recipefinder/vanilla-ice-cream-recipe-wdy0812

All you need are 3 ingredients... 

2 cups heavy cream
10 oz condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence or in my case vanilla bean pods so that i get those lovely black speckles



Add all the ingredients in a mixer bowl and whisk until stiff. Pop it in your freezer and you get vanilla ice cream! Simple and so cost effective!!

No comments:

Pin It