About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Lemon Curds Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting


Yesterday, I bought lemons for the sole purpose of making lemon syrup for my throat... but suddenly a craving for lemon curds took over and I caved in with a hankering for lemon curds cupcakes with creamy cheesy frosting! So there... 90 minutes later... i sat down savouring my little treats with a cup of hot lemon tea.. can you say Vitamin C?? :-)

Lemon Cheese Cupcakes

60g butter
60g cream cheese

1 cup sugar

Cream the above. Once well mixed, add in sugar and continue creaming until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, and then alternate the dry ingredients with cream. Lastly add in the lemon juice and zest. Scoop into your favoured cupcake liners and bake at 12 minutes on 180 degrees. With the above recipe, I made about 22 small cupcakes (I totally hate the big ones cuz you could never finish it at one go)

3 eggs

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup cream (or buttermilk)

1/4 cup lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon


Lemon Curds Filling

1/2 cup lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
1/4 cup sugar

Heat the above until all the sugar is melted, set aside.

1 egg
1 egg yolk

Whisk the eggs in a bowl and slowly pour the heated lemon juice bit by bit while whisking vigorously so as not to cook the eggs. Pour the mixture again in the pot and cook over low heat until thickened. (see picture) Cool completely.

Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting

60g butter
170g cream cheese
4 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoon lemon juice

Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in icing sugar until you get a fluffy consistency. Add in lemon juice.

Once your cupcakes are cooled, use a paring knife and cut a hole in the middle. I used a melon baller at first but found using a knife faster and neater. Fill with the curds and pipe your frosting on top. I grated lemon zest over or you could decorate it any way you please... Happy Trying!






No comments:

Pin It