About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cempedak Goreng


Okayyyyy ... I know ... Why cempedak goreng post right? That's because by accident I had no rice flour, I made the batter using glutinous rice flour and it's awesome! Crispy when hot and soft when cold. I hate how some batter hardens when it's cold.

Bought 1 whole cempedak and this batter was enough to fry all of it surprisingly!

1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup glutinous rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca flour 
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (for a nice golden batter)
Approximately 1/2 cup of COLD water or until you get a batter to coat the back of a spoon

Why cold water? Same reason why tempura batter is made by using cold water. So that when the cold batter hits the hot oil it crisps up! Well that's the theory anyway.
 Mix all of the ingredients. Heat oil oil in a wok and coat the cempedak batch by batch. As you can see, the batter is not too thick and not runny either.

Enjoy with hot tea! Jemput.....❤️❤️

1 comment:

Ade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Pin It