About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Creamy turkey ham & mushroom fettucine


This is super simple ... The kind of quick dish to cook when you have absolutely nothing in the fridge! Cream is substituted with evaporated milk and corn flour to get that creamy sauce. That was all I had anyway! Hah!


Firstly boil your preferred pasta with salt until al dente - firm but not hard. I like fettucine or any kind of penne because they hold the sauce well. This recipe is for about 2-3 persons. I used my pasta measurer.

1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped 
Olive oil

5 slices of Turkey ham, sliced 
5 champignon mushrooms, sliced

1 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon corn starch 
1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
1/2 cup pasta water
Salt & black pepper to taste 

Sautee the onions & garlic in olive oil and once softened, add mushrooms and ham.

Sprinkle cornstarch over the sautéed ingredients then add evaporated milk, chicken stock powder, black pepper and salt to taste. It has to be a little salty to balance the blandness of the pasta. Add the pasta water bit by bit to get the consistency you want. Add pasta into the sauce and stir well to coat the pasta. 


Serve immediately with more sliced ham, parsley and paprika. 

No comments:

Pin It