About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Ultimate Chocolate Cookies


Why ultimate?? The boys call anything that's overloaded ultimate.. Ultimate breakfast, ultimate shake, so now it's ultimate cookies. This is chocolate frenzy overload! 

250g butter
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup M&Ms
1 cup chocolate chips
(Extra M&Ms for decoration)

Cream butter and sugar until well blended. Add eggs one at a time so that the mixture don't curdle then the vanilla extract.

Sift the dry ingredients together (flour, soda, salt, cocoa powder) and slowly add it in to the butter mixture.

Fold in your chocolate chips and M&Ms. Chill the dough for an hour at least or in my case, I like it overnight so that the dough is firm and the baking soda has worked it's magic. The dough will feel like harden playdoh! Fun!

Scoop the dough and roll into balls and add more M&Ms as toppings. Make sure you place them about 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheat 180 degrees oven for 15-17 minutes. My big boy loves soft cookies so I bake halve a batch for 10 minutes! 

This makes a huge batch so it's perfect for giveaway or you can halve the recipe. I didn't.. The cookies finish pretty fast! Or you can keep it in the freezer for another batch another weekend! 


No comments:

Pin It