About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Jelly Donuts

I loooovee jelly donuts which is why no matter how popular Krispy Kreme or JCo or other fancy donut places open up, I still would buy Dunkin's... 

This is a really simple recipe and it would really help if you have a mixer with a dough hook . For yeast, I only use Saf-Instant. It works every time !

1 sachet instant yeast (11g)
30ml warm water 
3/4 cup warm milk
85g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
40g shortening
1 egg

2 1/2 cups flour 

Add 1 sachet of instant yeast to 1/8 cup of warm water (30ml) , 3/4 cup warm milk and 85g sugar into your mixing bowl, stir and wait for it to froth for about 5 minutes. Add egg, shortening & salt and add 1 cup of flour and knead with the dough hook. Add the rest 1 1/2 cups flour and continue kneading on medium speed for 5 minutes until the dough stops sticking to the bowl.

Oil the sides of the mixing bowl and let the dough rise for an hour or doubled its original size.
Roll out the dough on floured surface about 1/2 inch thick and cut into circles. Place on floured parchment paper. You can also cut out another hole in the centre for plain donuts with icing sugar. Don't throw away the centre!!! Mix it back in with the balance dough for more donuts!
Leave it for 15-20 minutes to rise and fry in hot oil until both 
Once fried, drain on paper towels. Snip the side of the donuts and using the edge of the scissors to "empty the pocket". Fill donut with strawberry jam and dust icing sugar on top.
The recipe yield about 18 donuts. 

No comments:

Pin It