About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Kueh Bakar Labu (Pumpkin Cake)


Oohhh I love kueh bakar but I'm a sucker for kueh bakar that has pumpkin or sweetcorn or even yam in it!


Had some leftover pumpkin and was clueless what to do with it apart from crisps and decided to make these .


Just boil about 1/2 cup of pumpkin in water and mash. Mix with the rest of the ingredients, pour into greased mould & sprinkle with sesame seeds.


Bake for 25-30 minutes on 180 degrees or until the top browns and puffed up a little bit. This recipe is enough for only 1 kueh bakar mould so double it up if you're making more.


1 egg

3/4 cup santan (1/2 cup kara + 1/4 cup milk)

1/2 cup all purpose flour

1/4-1/2 cup sugar ( i prefer 1/4 + 1/8)

1/2 tsp vanilla essence

A pinch of salt

1/2 cup mashed pumpkin

1 tablespoon oil

Sesame seeds for topping



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We've recently launched the site myTaste.sg, where users can search through thousands of recipes from Singaporean and Asian food sites and blogs. We noticed that you have a lot of delicious recipes on your blog and we would like to suggest you have a look at our site: http://www.mytaste.sg/.

If you want to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on myTaste.com, all you have to do is follow these instructions: http://www.mytaste.sg/jiarubokepaihangbang.

Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

Kind regards,
--
王龙 (Oriol)
Mytaste Site Manager

URL:www.mytaste.sg
mail: info@mytaste.sg
FB: www.facebook.com/mytastesg

Pin It