About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Ondeh-Ondeh Pulut Hitam


Bored with the usual green & pink ondeh-ondeh?? Go Monochromatic and make these black ones! Gothic!!

Mix all the ingredients until it becomes a firm dough.


100g glutinous rice flour
50g black glutinous rice flour 
1/4 tsp salt
130-140ml warm coconut milk (I used Kara and mix with a wee bit water)

 
Gula Melaka
Sesame seeds 
Shredded coconut
Pandan leaves
Salt

Take a small portion and fill with chopped gula Melaka with sesame seeds.
Roll into balls

Boil a pot of water and slide in the balls 10 at a time so there more room for them to cook. It will float once cooked.

Roll the cooked balls in shredded coconut that's been steamed with pandan leaves and salt. 

No comments:

Pin It